Monday, April 15, 2013

A little something is better than nothing...

Maybe none of these little projects are very significant on their own but I've decided that collectively, I did accomplish a good deal this weekend while Campbell napped and therefore, a post is due.

First off, I finished my kitchen dry erase board project, mainly because I realized I didn't need to buy black paper to put in the frame after all. I could just turn around the frame backing. Awesome, the project was done a week ago, I just didn't realize! Thanks to Simon for hanging it for me. You can't tell in the photo, but in real life the frame is indeed level. If it hadn't taken me so long to realize it, it would have been an instant gratification project. One picture frame and a white dry erase marker = cute modern chalk board. I am pleased.


Cheer up the house with pretty flowers project: I wasn't planning on this project, but I went to the Dollar Store to buy supplies for a different project and happened upon a bunch of potted flowers that needed immediate re-potting, and on the next isle over, a bunch of terracotta pots the next size up. It was obvious what to do. Spend $26 and buy ALL of the pots and plants... then go find a rusty wheel from an old wheelbarrow and stick it artfully next to the pots.



And finally... clear out the remainder of the old planter, that which Planter #2 sits on top of, and experiment if I can grow anything from seed in the space using some soil amend and a big bag of wild flower seeds... wish me luck!

 (left)
(right)

No comments:

Post a Comment